Well, what can I say? That was my tasting about Hungarian wines at Armathwaite Hall Hotel for the request of the Cumbrian Wine Society at last September. We sampled 9 wines from 5 different wine regions of Hungary.
1. Tornai, Friss-range, Zenit, Nagy-Somlo, 2016
2. Garamvári Vendel, Egret-range, Syrah-Pinot Noir, Lellei Rosé, Balaton, 2016
3. Dereszla, Tokaji Dry Furmint, Tokaj, 2016
4. Dereszla, Tokaji Late Harvest Furmint, Tokaj, 2015
5. Bolyki, Indiánnyár, Eger 2015
6. Gróf Butler, Egri bikavér - Bull`s blood Superiore, Eger, Nagy-Eged, 2008
7. Vylyan, Cabernet Franc, Villany, 2011
8. Heumann Kékfrankos, Villány-Siklós, 2012
9. Chateau Dereszla, 5 puttonyos Aszú, Tokaj 2008
I think it was a great evening!
Photographs by The Tannin Addict.